When it comes to office moving, there are many moving parts that need to be considered in order for your corporate move to be handled efficiently to minimize stress on your staff. Inadequate preparation for an office move can add time to a move while increasing your cost. This can also create lapses in productivity for your business that ultimately translates to lost revenue. There are steps you can take to help your office move run as smoothly as possible.
10 Tips for Office Moving Efficiency
- Plan your move ASAP
- Inform employees during the planning phase
- Hire an insured moving company
- Schedule your move with both buildings
Minimizing the stress of an office move can be mitigated by starting the planning process as soon you can. This will allow you to take care of address changes, scheduling, and putting together a plan for your staff.
Check your state laws on notice requirements. The sooner you inform your staff about the move the better it is for everyone. Early notice allows your staff to make arrangements and adjust to the new location. This translates to better productivity after the transition.
Why is this important
- Moving is often not allowed during office hours so you will need to schedule after hours moving and have someone open the building for you.
- You may need to reserve an elevator in the building
- Limits on loading area parking may exist and the building manager will need to know you plan on using the area for longer than the time allotted.
- Air conditioning and heat are turned off after hours and on the weekend to conserve energy in most buildings; you will need someone to turn those on for you if needed.
- Lights may need to be turned on during after hours by office managers.
Get back to managing your business and save yourself the headache; giving the responsibility of coordinating the move to one person streamlines the process by eliminating the doubt of who to report to for your staff.
What do these responsibilities look like?
- Coordinate furniture delivery with movers and schedule any installations that need to happen including IT for the new office.
- Know the floor plan and direct movers on the day of the move.
PRO TIP: have moving manager task the heads of each department to complete an inventory for their department.
- No leaks
- Working lights
Bonus Office Moving Tips
- Determine what printed marketing materials require an address change
- business cards
Put your marketing company to work by creating:
- email blast campaigns
- post cards
Ready for your move? Make sure it’s On Point with a professional commercial mover that will help mitigate stress, not create more headaches.